The FIU Libraries will be debuting a snazzy new site and new search tools this Summer!
So what’s changing? We’ll have a fresh look and feel, clearer and bolder navigation, and all your important and frequently used information and services featured front and center.
Additional highlights of the new site include:
- Integrated search results from the homepage.
- A dynamically updated and easy to read display of this week's hours for all libraries.
- A list of Places to Study and quick-view of rooms available for group study.
- A list, with individual profile pages, for all the Subject Librarians.
- A rich and growing set of Collection and Department pages.
- Easy access to Course/Assignment and Topic Guides created by subject librarians.
PLUS! It’s finally here! An all-in-one search for the Libraries’ resources made available via EDS.
You'll be able to search for print books, eBooks, articles, journals, digital collections, and much more, all from one search box! EBSCO Discovery Service (EDS) is an online research tool that "pulls together" almost all of our Library resources so that they can be explored using a single search box. In one quick search, you'll be able to find different Source types (Peer-reviewed articles, books & streaming media from the catalog, digital archives, research guides, and more) and Library Database content (Interdisciplinary, subject-specific, reference, and primary resources).
Stay tuned, changes are scheduled to take place the first week of May 2018.